Visit Black Flag TV

Visit Sv Bell's Art Shop!


SV BELL PRINTS AND MERCH AVAILABLE THRU PIXELS / FINE ART AMERICA

Back to Sv Bell's Blog Front Page

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Are You The Internet? Neither Am I, I'm Not A Borg.

Just a short rant this morning.

We see more and more posts and news headlines stating "The Internet Says..." or "The Internet Reacts To..." and that deeply annoys me.

No one speaks in my name, especially "The Internet". Don't refer to me as "The Internet" simply because I'm part of it.

The internet is not a Borg. Individual users have a conscience of their own.




If thousands of users bash Nickelback, don't refer to them as "The Internet". There are billions of other users who might like Nickelback, or simply don't care at all.

Next time you use "The internet" in your news headlines, don't include me.



No comments:

Post a Comment