Here's all the information you need to throw your pitch and have your art showcased on the cover variants of Santeria's final issue.
Submission deadline is Friday, April 15th.
Good luck to all!
We are looking for hard-working, talented artists whose artwork will be showcased in the final issue of our newest series, SANTERIA: THE GODDESS KISS! So sacrifice some time to summon your best work and send it over to me, Aspen Assistant Editor, Gabe Carrasco at email@example.com by FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2016 at 12:00AM PST for consideration! We will select four (4) art submissions to be used for all four different covers to the upcoming final issue of SANTERIA: THE GODDESS KISS!
Submissions can be pencils, pencils & inks, or pencils, inks & colors. Remember, we’re looking for professional quality work, so I wouldn’t ink or color your work if you’re only confident in penciling!
A BRAND NEW TALE spanning centuries, from deep within the heart of the ancient civilizations of Africa! Emergency medical techs Michael and Naomi work the violent and unpredictable streets of Spanish Harlem every day, however nothing can prepare the duo for what a routine police shooting reveals; something more powerful and dangerous for Naomi’s future! Something that will bestow upon her a power unlike anything she could ever comprehend!
You can submit as many covers as you’d like, but all submissions are due
FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2016 at 12:00AM PST.
THE FINISHED WORK:
Make sure you’re working on a piece that’s 7” x 10.5” and saved at 300dpi. If it’s not the right dimensions, or too low-res, we won’t be able to use your awesome art on the cover!
As for what we’re looking for, you can use one, or any combination of these four characters:
- Naomi Clarke- Our protagonist! Naomi is an EMT from Spanish Harlem who now holds the spirit, and power of the goddess within her.
- Oonaa- The Goddess, a beautiful spirit set out to protect those who follow her!
- Isaac- The Villain! a large, imposing figure, who has deep connections with the dark side of the supernatural world of Santeria.
- Mike Ortiz- Naomi’s friend, and fellow EMT responder!
(For character references, pick up SANTERIA: THE GODDESS KISS #1 at your local comic book shop, or on digital! Available now! Or check out our Santeria photo album at facebook.com/aspencomics!)
- Your submission is due via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2016 at 12:00AM PST.
- NO attachments larger than 10mb, so if your work is larger than that, send us a link to download the files.
- NO late submissions will be considered, and no physically delivered submissions will be considered, absolutely no exceptions.
- WE CANNOT offer you a critique of your work before you submit it. Once you send us something, it will be considered an entry.
- WE WILL NOT send you an explanation as to why your work was or was not chosen.
- DO NOT redesign the characters. You can use any of the aforementioned reference material, or any rendition used in preview solicitations for SANTERIA: THE GODDESS KISS officially from ASPEN MLT, but if the characters are changed beyond recognition, your submission will not be considered.
- IF SELECTED, you are NOT an employee of ASPEN MLT. You will be provided a work for hire form to complete, and paid a reasonable, non-negotiable fee determined soley by ASPEN MLT. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS EMPLOYMENT, AND IS SOLEY WORK FOR HIRE.
- YOU MUST be 18 years old or older to enter.
Your e-mail must have the following either attached (max 10mb), or contain a link to download:
A JPEG OR TIFF OF YOUR COMPLETED (7” x 10.5” at 300dpi) ART WORK.
THE SUBJECT LINE SHOULD READ “SANTERIA TALENT HUNT”
Remember, if your piece is selected it will be on comic shop walls everywhere ASPEN COMICS are sold! So really put some time planning out the layout before you start working on details. Also, if you do have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at email@example.com! I do get a ton of emails every day though, so please be patient when awaiting a response; I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible since I know the clock is ticking! Good luck, and have fun!